With summer around the bend and social distancing restrictions slowly starting to lift, now is the perfect time to start planning some small gatherings with your friends! And what better way to catch up with your besties than by having a sleepover? But before you can start inviting your friends over for a night of giggles and ghost stories, you need to transform your home into the ultimate slumber party destination. Keep reading for tips and tricks on making your home sleepover ready!
Create a Cozy Camping Atmosphere Indoors
You can’t always rely on good weather for a backyard sleepover. Make your home slumber party ready with this guide to creating a cozy camping atmosphere indoors. If you have the space, set up a tent in the living room. This will be the kids’ base camp for the night.
Decorate with string lights and battery-operated lanterns to give the area a warm glow. Add some pillows and blankets for extra comfort. Not only do Moroccan pillows add comfort to your space, but they can also give off some boho vibes. Of course, don’t forget to prepare some snacks and drinks to keep your energy levels up throughout the night. S’mores are a classic camping treat, but you can also make indoor pizzas or trail mixes. For entertainment, set up an indoor scavenger hunt or try your hand at making shadow puppets with flashlights.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to having a fun and memorable indoor camping experience.
Pamper Your Pals with a Mani/Pedi Station
You’re throwing a sleepover for your besties, and you want to make sure it’s a night they’ll never forget! Of course, you’ll have all the classic sleepover staples like sleeping bags, snacks, and scary movies. But why not go the extra mile and set up a mani/pedi station? Your pals will love getting pampered, making your home feel like a luxurious spa. Plus, it’s a great way to bond with your friends as you chat and paint each other’s nails. Here’s what you’ll need to set up the perfect mani/pedi station:
- A comfy place to sit: Whether it’s blankets and pillows on the floor or chairs pulled up to a table, make sure your guests will be comfortable while they’re getting their nails done.
- Nail polish: You’ll want a variety of colors so everyone can find their perfect shade. If you’re feeling extra generous, you could even buy some sparkly top coats or fun nail art stickers.
- Nail polish remover: In case anyone makes a mistake or wants to change their color mid-manicure.
- Cotton balls: For removing nail polish and cleaning up any messes.
- A small bowl of warm water: This is optional, but some people like to soak their hands in warm water before getting their nails polished. It helps to soften the cuticles and makes the polish go on more smoothly.
- Towels: For drying off hands after the warm water soak.
With these supplies, you’ll be ready to give your friends the ultimate pampering experience. So go ahead and get started on making your home slumber party ready!
Pop Some Popcorn and Have a Movie Marathon
It’s Friday night, and you’re ready to have some fun. But where should you go? You’ve already been to all the usual places—the movies being one of them. Why not bring the entertainment home for your slumber party? Just pop some popcorn, invite some friends over, and settle in for a movie marathon. Here are a few tips to make sure your party is a success:
- Make sure you have plenty of snacks on hand. Popcorn is a must, but you’ll also want to have plenty of other munchies like chips, candy, and fruit. Drinks are important, too. Stock up on soda, juice, and water so your guests can stay hydrated.
- Choose a movie that everyone will enjoy. A funny comedy or an exciting action movie are usually good bets. Other good options include classic movies, musicals, and animated films.
- Set up a comfy spot for everyone to watch the movie. Blankets and pillows are key. You might also want to turn off all the lights and light some candles to create a cozy atmosphere.
With these tips in mind, you’re sure to have a blast at your next slumber party. So invite your friends over, pop some popcorn, and enjoy the show!
A sleepover is a perfect way to catch up with your besties after months apart. To make sure your sleepover is a success, don’t forget to transform your home into the ultimate slumber party destination! Set the mood with lights and blankets, pamper your pals with a mani/pedi station, and have plenty of snacks and movies on hand. With these tips, you’re sure to throw the best sleepover ever!